Friday, November 13, 2020

"Why would you say; 'you thought,' I was depressed?" "Maybe I am!"

I know; I heard it too. 'Isn't that supposed to be your best friend?' I thought so also. I'm not alarmed. Sometimes people think they know you more than you know yourself. Of course, they are usually unlettered and lack experience and empathy. In fact, "what have I done on your behalf!?" "Did I not build you up!?" "Did I not encourage you daily!?" "Did I not set you before my own body!?" "When did I delay when you called for me!?" "When did I not stand up for you!?" "When did I ever turn aside from you!?" "What did I do when we first met!? 'I embrace you,' did I not!?" "What did I do when you told me everything!? 'I cried with you.' Did I not!?" "What did I give you when we both had nothing!? Was it not 'my love and friendship' that pulled us through!?" "Why, then, 'did you say!'" "You thought I was depressed!" "Maybe I am!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does it really matter in my case?

"Uhh!" I felt as if I was part of this old wooden bed, woven into its smooth silk quilted fabric, unable to break free. I wondered...