Friday, October 23, 2020

"I did the math; I'll be there, at 'The Window' in the year '2037'"

There is not a day that goes by that I could remember now that I took a moment to think about the last time I didn't see Ms. Ju Masahiro at that window. I'm on my way to school, and she's there. I'm on my way to work, and she's there. A few years ago, I remembered when I was passing by an older woman with a lager portmanteau was trying to carry it upstairs all by herself, and Ms. Masahiro was pointing to something out of her window. I kept walking as usual as I didn't understand their language anyway. I wondered if she knew me. Indeed, she had to recognize my face, for I passed her window since I was in grade school. I also asked myself if anyone else had noticed her always quietly observing at the window. I certainly have. At least twenty years or so have passed. Is this common or just a habit? Maybe she's lonely or wants somebody to notice her at the window. I thought of myself for a moment and then put myself in her shoes. Could I do that? Put me in somebody else's shoes? At her age, "Oh my!" "I'll be that age in the year 2037!" Will there be a window for me? What will I do there at the window? What if nobody notices me! Will I even be able to see far enough? Will I be lonely and all alone? "Oh, no!" "2037!" "2037!" "2037!" I'm running in the opposite direction, but that won't change a thing. My chair will be waiting; instead, I'm running or just being straightforward; it will all be the same. I hope it's at least a rocking chair I'll be sitting in with no shame. I'd better hurry to my window so the next generation passing by can think too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does it really matter in my case?

"Uhh!" I felt as if I was part of this old wooden bed, woven into its smooth silk quilted fabric, unable to break free. I wondered...