Friday, October 16, 2020

"It's coffee time!"

Hm, I can smell it now. There is nothing like that 'smell' first thing in the morning. And it's calling my name. "Come and get it, Ray!" "Oh yeah!" Folgers Classic Roast instant coffee. Mm, as I sit back with my head laid back on the top of my black Big and Tall Serta office chair with both of my hands covering my face as the whistling from my kettle sounded to indicate 'the water has started boiling' come and get your coffee. Okay, I said in a low thundering voice as I raised my head off the back of my chair, and my hands landed on my desktop and quickly pushed back as it felt like I was going a hundred or so miles per hour in reverse. Woe! as I crashed my chair into a filing cabinet on its the way back. "Oops!" I could hear ' Fuzzy Marley,' a 5-pound half breed Shih Tzu barking [with the look of I eat shoes on his face] as I awoke him from the crash of my rolling Big and Tall Serta chair into the filing cabinet. It's okay, I yelled to 'Fuzzy.' It's poppy getting started; as I repeated, Let's get this day started! As I stood up, I realized how comfortable my Big and Tall Serta chair was. It felt like the first day I sat in it before purchasing it at Office Depot. As I started to walk, I thought of dragging both feet on the cold tile floor as one of my half-eaten off the top slippers flew off. This shoe never stays on, and I said to myself, 'Fuzzy Marley' made sure of that when he ate one whole top side about a month ago. as I left the slipper to get that noisy "whistling kettle!" "Yikes! 'this floor is cold!'" as I continued dragging one shoe and a one hopping and drag motion. It's coffee time! As I reached for the knob on the cooktop to turn it to a lower setting. The whistling instantly subsided. I quickly rinsed out my two cup coffee [jug] mug and added one tablespoon and a half of Folgers Classic Roast coffee, three tablespoons of Nestle Coffeemate powdered creamer. Mm, as I glanced while stirring the coffee and creamer together before adding- there was a nestle Pure Life Purified plastic 16.9 oz water bottle sitting on the slightly warped Formica countertop. While I was still stirring in the mug, I reached for a zero-calorie single packet of Splenda to add in with my other dry ingredients before pouring in hot water from the low whistling kettle. I finally rested my left bare slipperless foot on a fluffy white rug in front of the kitchen sink. Sub-consciously I thought, am I a Nestle fan? I never even knew it until now. "Oh, well!" I guess Nestle it is. Maybe it's a coincidence. Mm, as the Splenda packet tore open, half of it fell to the counter and the other half in my coffee mug. I didn't feel vexed or make any expressions or sounds; I was still staring at the 16.9 oz Nestle water bottle. Ah, it's nothing. I concluded, reaching for another Splenda packet. This time I was focused not like before. I wanted some coffee badly. I gently cut across the top of the single pack of sweetener with a pair of meat cutting scissors. "Perfect!" As I poured the whole packet into my mug, forgetting there was a half-packet inside my coffee mug already. I quickly compensated by adding a half tablespoon of more coffee and a smidgen of powdered creamer. I'm getting started now for sure! I promptly whipped all the ingredients together as if I were making a nice thick cup of Cuban coffee, and then I slowly poured in my water and stirred slowly. A nice Whip Cream topping would be nice but not this time. "Ooooh!" is the sound I make after taking my first sip of coffee in the mornings. Now that's how you save money right there. Hm, I wonder if there is some Nestle Instant coffee out there? Yep! You're guilty as I turned and caught 'Fuzzy Marley' with his face buried in the same spot at the top of my half-eaten slipper. Thank you as a bent down to grab it from him, and another piece of foam fell out. I got my slipper, and 'Fuzzy Marley' got the foam and ran off as I spilled a couple of drops of my coffee trying to stop him. I turned my slipper over, wiped up the few drops, and kept going to my comfortable Big and Tall Serta chair. [well, I know what that means for 'Fuzzy Marley.' Foam in the belly and no-poo for a couple of days] But realized [no doctors visits for us] as I firmly sat my mug down on my unleveled desk, spilling coffee as I ran after 'Fuzzy Marley!' with slipper foam in his mouth. Low in behold as I turned the corner, there it was, the foam lying there. So, it turns out, 'you're not like' the movie "Marley!" I beg to differ. I do still have that half-eaten off of the top slipper in my office. I grabbed a Downey paper towel that ripped off three instead of one. The select rolls, "yes!" I get annoyed by convenience sometimes. A little water and were good. As I got back to my unleveled desk, I realized the spilled coffee rolled across and behind my desk. Well, I thought naught in my mind for a moment. Then I started to wipe up the top now and behind the desk when I need to move it. As I plopped down in my Big and Tall Serta chair, I wondered about buying some Nestle paper towels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does it really matter in my case?

"Uhh!" I felt as if I was part of this old wooden bed, woven into its smooth silk quilted fabric, unable to break free. I wondered...